Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in GOD's sight.

1 Peter 3:3-4

Monday, November 19, 2012

Acceptance


Acceptance: the act of taking or receiving something offered.

 
I think many people in this world, especially girls, have major acceptance issues. I think many of us think we need to have flawless, makeup full faces, skinny bodies, expensive clothing, and hair that has been died to look good. Hahaha, okay lets come back to earth here and put our heads back on straight!! For example:
 
google
 
Now, don't take this the wrong way. I am not saying Selena Gomez is fake or anything of that sort! But I am willing to bed that many of you wish you looked like her. Yes, she is pretty and all of that but you don't have to be famous or have someone else do your makeup for you in order to look pretty! Look at this girl...
 
Google

Both the girls SUPER adorable girls, just in there own ways!! I guess what I'm trying to tell you is, embrace your own natural beauty. I've watched girls that between classes go and "freshen up" their makeup, hair, and perfumes. I think this world would be extremely different if makeup had never been invented. Think about it, Adam and Eve in the beginning of time had nothing! Literally, no clothes no makeup, nothin! Now I'm not saying just go everywhere naked because I'm pretty sure you can actually get arrested for that but you don't need expensive stuff to be cute. A lot of my friends wear little to no make-up and they are some of the cutest people I know!!
 
Next time you think to yourself "Why is she so much prettier than I?" Stop right there and tell yourself how beautiful YOU are! I never want to hear you compare yourself to that popular girl in school or tell yourself your not as good because guys, you are JUST as good as them! Don't believe me? Well, ask God. I know that's what he'd tell you :)

Thanks for reading,
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment