Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in GOD's sight.

1 Peter 3:3-4

Monday, December 12, 2011

What a LITTLE editing can do…

Now for the most part, I don’t edit my pictures. Unless of course its for a wedding or something special like that.

289

For example in the picture above I darkened it a little bit from the natural lighting because as we can see the daughter has a more fair skin color and is blonde so she just looks like a white blur. You don’t want to darken it to much because then the adults look way to dark. It’s fun just to play around with a just use your best judgment. I wouldn’t waist your time editing pictures like this,

kyle and i

Because the lighting isn’t horrible and the more editing you do to a picture, actually makes it look worse. It’s like applying make-up. If you just put on a little foundation, light eye shadow, and mascara you look fine but if you put three layers of liquid foundation, a few layers of eye shadow, and keep applying mascara after it dries, its going to end up looking horrific! Just do the basic’s and let the natural beauty show threw. :)

I’ll show you an example, BEFORE.

011

Now this picture isn’t horrible, there is just a few little things you can do to make it look a little better. On a side note, I did have my hair in a ponytail so that is why I look bald. So first off I would own your pictures. By that I mean make some sort of a copy right symbol.

http://www.astorytoldinpictures.blogspot.com/

http://www.photographybynealy.com/

If you look at either of these pictures you will see how Olivia has wrote “OLIVIA GRACE” in the left bottom corner, that is how she owns it. And Nealy has written a note at the top of her’s saying, it’s hers. Also please, please, please, if you use someone else’s pictures, GIVE THEM CREDIT!!!

So back to my picture,

011

If you have editing software, you can take this picture and zoom all over it and see what you need to do to make your client (myself for example) happy. I like my pictures a little bit darker than most, but that’s just me! So I just played around until I was satisfied NOT EDITING TO MUCH and came to a final picture that I felt good about and wanted to own.

011

So I made my face a little bit darker and cleaned up my skin. Nothing huge, just more to my liking. I think that making a picture a little darker makes it more rich (my eyes), but that’s totally just me! And sometimes I don’t like dark and some pictures, I think it just depends…

011-tile

What do ya think? Any questions? What editing software or site do you use to edit?

Sydney

2 comments: