Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in GOD's sight.

1 Peter 3:3-4

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Procrastination

Procrastination is a thief which stops us from making and following through on the important issues and actions of life. What are the signs that this giant is setting up camp in our lives, and what can we do to defeat him? Watch this video:







Butts, butts, butts, butts... Do you need help cleaning up your butts? Let me help...




First off you have a pile of loose ends. Your little enemy says "No need to finish". Okay!


Next you have trash of disorder. Your little enemy says "No need for order". Okay!


Lastly you have an excuse of convienience. Your little enemy says "No need to hurry". Okay!




Three very simple things that you could fix to make your life less stressful right there.




I just last week experienced this and got bit in the butt! Last Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I babysat for two little girls from 8am-1pm. TuesdayI set my alarm for 6:30 thinking "Oh, I want to look nice and pretty and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..."




BUZZ I got this thought in my head "Well I'm super tired and I stayed up way to late and I rather be fully rested than pretty". Okay!




BUZZ "Uh... I didn't even fall asleep yet! Okay Ill get up at 7:20 and have plenty of time! No backing out!" Okay!




BUZZ "SERIOUSLY! Well I promised myself I'd get up so I better." *Slowly gets up and starts to get ready*




I'm guessing you want to know the part were I get revenge hu! Well... I got dressed and put on my eyeshadow RING then the doorbell rang! I hadn't brushed my teeth, my hair was in a ponytail and I didn't have any mascara on! I quick did my lashes, threw my eyeliner and mascara in my purse and went downstairs! I opened the door and she was very welcoming. I tried to talk the lest amount as possible! Once they left, the baby feel asleep so I threw on some eyeliner and grabbed some gum. Thank goodness I can be a girly girl at times and just happened to have a little bag thing with ponytail holders, stretchy headbands, and bobby pins! I learned to get up at 6:45 the next two mornings and to not listen to that little devil elf!




In this situation, I learned the hard way... I cant even believe that I am putting this humiliating story on the world wide web but hey, some times you got to...! Right?!




What is your story when procrastination took over you?


Sydney

2 comments: