Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in GOD's sight.

1 Peter 3:3-4

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The W word

The W word is one very commonly used by me. I use it at least once a day unfortunally... Do you use it? Do you even know what word I am talking about? Haha... Well let me tell you. The word is.... want. I want a new Itouch. I want a new laptop. I want two more lenses for my camera. I want a bigger house. I want for Mona to come back. I want for my Grandma to come back. I want to be able to drive. Right there I just said "it" eight times... I am going to try really super hard not to use the W word. Instead use I am thankful... I am thankful that I get to have an Itouch. I am thankful that we have laptops. I am thankful that I have the privilage of owning such a nice camera! I am thankful that I have two houses that keep me safe all the time. I am thankful Mona and Grandma are in a safe place with no more pain. I am thankful that I have four parents to drive me around everywhere. Doesnt that have a better kick to it anyway?(: Writers do it all the time, they change the words. So... As a human, I am going to change my words. Instead of saying "I want tacos for dinner!" I will say "Thank you mom for this dinner that will give my body the vitamins I need to live."

Thanks for reading!
Sydney


2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Sydney! When I was at camp I learned that I need to be content with what I have, and that message really stuck out to me. We are all so blessed, and God has given me so much-but often times I forget that and just want more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better! I have been getting 'in trouble' with asking for stuff.. Most times I don't ask but what I've realized is that when I do want something, I don't.stop.talking.about.it.

    ReplyDelete